You've mastered the basics of LinkedIn. Your profile is filled out. You've stopped connecting with strangers. You always send a personalized message when you connect. What's next? Below are my advanced tips for students who want LinkedIn to be a competitive advantage for them in finding a job and managing their career.
1. Embed work that you've done. It's your reputation, not your resume. Show everyone what you can do. If you have any examples of your work that you're proud of, put them under the job where you created it. LinkedIn lets you embed videos, Slideshare and links to webpages.
2. Create profiles in other languages you speak. I wrote another post about why you should do this. You can read it here. It's easy to create a profile in another language in LinkedIn.
3. Optimize your profile for the right keywords. Make sure the key words you want to be found for are in your profile. LinkedIn works a lot like a search engine. If the words or job titles you want to be found for are not in your profile, you'll be hard to find.
4. Join groups strategically and participate. Join groups that are the watering holes of the people you want to be associated with. Jump in on the conversations that are interesting. Groups are a great way to show expertise and build new relationships.
5. Automate some of your sharing. I've found that it is a lot easier to share content on LinkedIn if you use a tool like Buffer. Consistent sharing of relevant content about your industry will keep you top of mind in your network. Buffer queues up articles so they are shared in the future. For example, you can have a post go out every Monday at 3:00 pm. If you find 7 articles you'd like to share one morning, you can have them easily scheduled to go out over the next 7 days. The advanced scheduling helps you be consistent and saves you the hassle of trying to find a new article to share everyday. Check out this article from Buffer on how it works.
6. Sign up for advanced contacts functionality. Go to contacts.linkedin.com, hit the "get started" button. As you go through the sign up process, don't forget to sync LinkedIn with your email and calendar. For more details on what these features can do, check out this article from Hubspot on how to use LinkedIn contacts. As an MBA student, these features will save you countless hours as you use LinkedIn to build your network and find a job or internship.
7. Get recommendations- I recommend getting one or two for each major role. While it's tempting to get them from a fellow MBA student, try to get recommendations from professionals you worked with in your jobs.
8. Manage your endorsements- If you are getting endorsed for something you don't want to be endorsed for, take it down. Check out this article to learn how to do it. If there is something you'd like to be endorsed for, send an email to a bunch of fellow MBA students or a small trusted group of friends/colleagues asking them to endorse you. Definitely do not SPAM everyone you know asking for an endorsement. Also, only ask to be endorsed for skills that you legitimately feel you have some expertise in.
I hope you've enjoyed these advanced LinkedIn tips for MBA students. If you have done all these things, you are well on your way to becoming an LinkedIn expert. If you missed my first post on this topic LinkedIn Basics For MBA Students, click the link to get the basics down before you try all the steps I've outlined above. If you're looking for more tips on how to write your LinkedIn summary check out LinkedIn Summary Examples for MBA Students. If you have any other questions, please comment below. Also, if you have some advanced LinkedIn tips I'm missing, I'd love to hear about them.
Great LinkedIn tips for MBA students. I think, it will also help other students who is doing Executive Diploma. Thank you.ReplyDelete
IEEE Projects for Engineering Students
IEEE Project Ideas for CSE
Great one. I always love to hear people talking on education and career development. Everyone should join such a platform like this to support our education system. Just take a look on benefits of studying abroad.ReplyDelete
Smart work! Really interesting to read the article! You deserve great appreciation and expect many more good quality articles from you! Keep writing! mba essay consultingReplyDelete
I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well. I am very impressed with your vision and insight. Buy LinkedIn endorsementsReplyDelete
Wow, great post.ReplyDelete
Network and feed off the energy of the older generation as much as you can, as they are experienced and can serve as useful mentors who can help open doors and fast track career advancement.Career AdviceReplyDelete
Online mba degrees give you access to a flexible learning experience, often featuring a choice of industry specializations to match your individual preferences and career aims.ReplyDelete
MBA has always been a controversial degree. Many find it has no meaning since the aim of MBA is to prepare you to run your own business. LenaReplyDelete
Doksi helps you to download study materials for free including PDF downloads. The site contains thousands of free eBooks and much more things.ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
I was very pleased with the results of my coursework, and was able to see a lot of research had gone into producing the final result. I would recommend work2me service to everyone.ReplyDelete
As the expense of school instruction turns out to be increasingly costly, guardians and understudies need to take a gander at their home state universities and colleges. On the off chance that your state framework is gaining out of power with their sticker price, you have to take a gander at states with incredible government funded training at a sensible expense. mprove your RecitationReplyDelete
Understudies should know that understudy instructing is required to pick up licensure. For web based learning this will consolidate understudies finding a school in their town that will permit them to understudy instruct inside a homeroom to pick up understanding.ReplyDelete
If you are looking for a tech/design/programming/innovation camp for your child, I would recommend Integem Holographic AR Design and Programming Summer Camp. My three kids (Ages 6,8,and 12 years old) enjoyed the learning experience very much. They created amazing Holographic AR projects. Very small teacher and student ratio. Only 8 students per class. If you are interested, you'd better to be hurry to register to secure a spot.ReplyDelete
Custom essay writing services like writemypapertoday has 24/7 customer support. You need to communicate with the company to know the progress of your order. Don't forget to get free quotes from their website.ReplyDelete
Test scores may not tell everything about the effectiveness of a school, but they are an important component in determining how well the students at that school are performing academically. Rishworth school in YorkshireReplyDelete
Yeah linkedIn is great tool for utilities your skills and sell them to companies which give you the actual value for them.ReplyDelete
Hence we have also covered some important point and the reliable above everything is here.
In some cases, the educational program expects you to learn lots of scarcely pertinent data as opposed to Write My Paper for Me UK by Top Writers-EssayEmpire.Co.UK reading up on disciplines essential for your future profession. How to escape this circle of franticness? We are here to assist you with defeating these difficulties.ReplyDelete