Having waffles as the center piece to any social occasion is bound to be successful. I recommend them for weddings, birthdays, bar mitzvah's and single Mormon gatherings for the following reasons.
1. Who does not like a waffle? Are waffles more universally loved than pizza? Probably.
2. You can feed a crap load of people for almost nothing. In fact, you can even rent your high end waffle maker out when you're not using it to pay for your luxurious lifestyle. It pays for itself!
3. People can bring stuff and it's really easy. Even your one friend who never thinks ahead and usually shows up empty handed to such gatherings might show up with a half used bottle of strawberry jam, and that's OK.
4. You can keep waffle supplies on hand at all times. All you need is waffle mix that is shelf stable for 70 years and water. This comes in very handy for unexpected guests or a zombie apocalypse.
5. Waffles start friendships. This guy and I became friends at a waffle party, it's true, no matter what Kevin Chesnos or one of his kids says.
A big thanks to Brad and Mandy Morris for giving us an epic waffle maker for our wedding.